The Writer

Friday, January 19, 2018

The Writer

"Well what do you expect it's a drawing of a writer (apparently)"

This one is my most original work so far, I drew this piece in 10th grade, when life was well and my biggest problem in the world was to decide what to eat after school. Although it is quite unclear how I found the idea for writing this old man, the flu medicine I took at that day contains a peculiar substances that made my mind high as a kite. I know that no conventional flu medicine will contain such thing, maybe it's because I took a little bit more dosage than advised.

It is the first serious drawing I made that uses pen only, because before this I was unsure how to draw with pen, because I can never erase it if I make any mistake. 

The inspirations and ideas that I implemented into this work, I am still unsure about, because this one came out of nowhere. I was sick at the time, so I filled my time with doodling and sketching mostly. At night, I couldn't sleep, I was certain that I took my medicine that afternoon but didn't feel sleepy at all, so, suddenly out of nowhere, I decided to draw an old man writing.

If you want me to try describe it, maybe I'll put it this way; It is a writer who is writing about himself writing (that was the overall idea of the drawing i think, i was dizzy at the time), and in his mind there are these ideas about emotion that could be included in his writing.

he is smoking tobacco by the way (or maybe the flu medicine that i took)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Followers

Most Popular