Delenimentum

Friday, January 19, 2018

Delenimentum

"I think it means solace, but I might be wrong"

The image attached above is one of my work I finished several weeks ago. Back then, I don't have much to do, and I think I haven't done any work for a long time because of school. I didn't have any idea of what to draw, so I decided to look for some ideas from GodMachine. There are similarities in this work, and for that, all credits to GodMachine. Thank you so much for unintentionally giving me ideas, I love all his work, they're all done so meticulously and well thought. 

Anyway, I am an amateur at this, so I didn't know exactly how to do it correctly and efficiently thus I did it with my crude ability to use photoshop. At first, I draw the woman and the skull with pen and after that the pattern on the cloak she's wearing, and that is the trickiest part of this because it needs attention to detail, which I gladly do for I am fond of detailed work.

The story and meaning behind the drawing? I don't really know. But I guess I wanted to visualize a temptation in a pure innocent woman to succumb to evil (i know it's a bit.. dark). To visualize that there are deep dark desires in everyone that they tried so hard to bury and control, and in the end, they finally fall to their own natural instinct, to do what they always wanted to. 

The drawing can be interpreted many ways, depends on your perceptions and principles.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Followers

Most Popular