Trip to Macao and Hong Kong

Friday, January 19, 2018

Trip to Macao and Hong Kong

"the first one that got me"

10 years ago, when I was in 3rd grade of elementary school, me and my mother went to Hong Kong and Macao for her work trip. I never thought that I would go to any foreign country at the time because I knew that flight is costly and not everyone could afford traveling to another country. Luckily my mother’s workplace paid for our trip there. At first, we went to Jakarta’s International Airport, because there was no flight that goes to Hong Kong from Bandung at the time.  It was an exhilarating experience for a 7-year-old child to board a plane and go to another country with it. Although the flight was delayed for some reason, we were supposed to fly at 10 p.m., so with no other choice, we waited extensively, until finally, we board at 1 a.m. The flight took 5 hours, so we arrived in Macao at 6 a.m. The first thing we do after we got there is to check-in at the hotel we booked. After we had our breakfast, we went to several amazing places and landmarks Macao and Hong Kong offer. One of them is the statue of Bruce Lee in Hong Kong near the waterfront.

The view was spectacular, the city’s skyline is filled with skyscrapers. To know that Hong Kong used to be a small city owned by the British Colonial is shocking. We also went to famous markets in Hong Kong to buy gifts and memorabilia of our trip. After 5 days, we went back home to Jakarta. It was a captivating experience, I hope I could go to every country on this good green Earth to see everything this planet has while I live.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Followers

Most Popular